Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Oriental Pasta


Mark and I both enjoy the simplicity of many Asian-inspired dishes. A little ginger, soy sauce, and some gently cooked vegetables over a bed of rice or noodles make for a very satisfying meal.

I love this quick and easy-to-prepare Oriental Pasta recipe from The McDougall Quick & Easy Cookbook. You can find a similar recipe here on Dr. McDougall's website, where it's called Oriental Pasta Salad. In the dish pictured above, I used pad Thai rice noodles instead of buckwheat soba noodles, added baby corn, sliced red bell pepper and snap peas, and served it piping hot.

While culinary herbs are one of my passions, I've recently become more interested in medicinal herbs. So for something a little different, check out my latest article over at vegsource.com, and discover the power of the neem tree.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! All of your food is always so colorful! It makes them seem very enticing. This one sounds really simple. I think I'll make it for dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that I made this tonight for dinner, and it was excellent! Thank you for sharing the link to the recipe and for the changes you made. I made it using your suggestions, and we all loved it.

erika said...

Mmm...this sounds like the perfect cool-weather dinner. And it looks amazing, too!