Thursday, December 23, 2010

Festive Coconut Wild Rice with Cranberries and Pears


Just a quick post before I dash off to do my holiday meal grocery shopping. If you're looking for a tasty last-minute side dish to serve at your holiday table, this colorful recipe is a snap to put together and will impress your guests.

Ingredients:

1 cup wild rice
1 cup long-grain brown rice
3 3/4 cups So Delicious Coconut Milk Beverage (I used Original)
1 cup dried cranberries
1 pear, diced
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Directions:

Rinse wild rice in cold water and drain thoroughly. Place wild rice and brown rice in a large saucepan with the coconut milk, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until rice is tender and milk is absorbed, about 45 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and fold in cranberries, pear, and nuts (if using). Serves 6-8.

15 comments:

Helen said...

That looks sensational! And just in time for Christmas dinner! Thank you for sharing. I'm definitely going to make this! *Happy holidays!*

Anonymous said...

Silent night and holy yum! That looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Wow! So many of my favorite things in one simple side dish. I love cooking and baking with So Delicious coconut milk beverages. Thanks for sharing this one!

jamie said...

This dish looks really festive and beautiful.

Millie said...

that sounds and it looks so good, I must try to attempt to copy your lovely dish.

maria said...

How colorful! Feliz navidad!

Vegiegail said...

Thank you everyone! I hope your holidays are merry and bright!

Helen said...

I just wanted you to know that I made this tonight, and it was amazing! Thanks again for all the great recipes!

Vegiegail said...

That's wonderful, Helen! Thank you for letting me know you enjoyed it!

Leslie Goodbar said...

It was great! Perfect for the holiday season.

Vegiegail said...

Oh, Leslie, I'm delighted to hear that you made this dish, and that it was enjoyed as part of your holiday festivities! Thank you for letting me know!

VeganMarr said...

It definitely looks festive, in that round mold type shape...a lovely serving...sounds tasty.

Sarena Shasteen - The Non-Dairy Queen said...

That cashew butter with the caramel...that is pure decadence!

Anonymous said...

I have made this tasty & apart well flavoured dish & loved it so much! So did my husband!

MMMMMMMMM,...!

Vegiegail said...

I'm so glad you and your husband enjoyed this recipe, Sophie! Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me know, and happy New Year!