Thursday, October 28, 2010

Why Didn't I Think of That?
Pumpkin Pie Coconut Chai!

As soon as there's a chill in the air, I start yearning for hot herbal tea. My favorite blends include lavender-lemon and holy basil-spearmint before bedtime. The holy basil helps me sleep blissfully through the night, despite a snoring husband and perimenopause.

I also adore chai tea, and Mountain Rose Herbs makes an incredible red roiboos herbal chai called Firefly Chai. When I read a post this evening on the So Delicious Facebook fan page that mentioned Pumpkin Chai Tea, it sounded so delicious, I just had to try making my own recipe. It was so yummy, I finished the cup before I finished typing these first two paragraphs!



Ingredients:

1/4 cup pumpkin purée
2 Tbs So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer (I used French Vanilla)
1 cup brewed chai tea
1 tsp sweetener of choice (optional—but I used agave)
dash of nutmeg

Directions:

While brewing your tea, mix the pumpkin and creamer in a small cup and heat in a microwave for 2 minutes. Pour the tea mixture into the pumpkin (or visa versa), add sweetener, stir, sprinkle with nutmeg, and enjoy!

P.S. I'm excited that my friend, Millie, has invited me to be a guest on her blog with my favorite holiday cookie recipe! Watch for my Rosewater-Glazed Lemony Cranberry Cookies on Nuestra Cena next Friday!

11 comments:

Ingrid said...

Sounds so yummy! I will try it, with a slight modification. Thanks for sharing.

The Vegan said...

Wow that really looks delicious. Actually Pumpkin Coconut anything sounds yummy.

Anonymous said...

YUM! I will definitely try this! Pumpkin, chai, and coconut are three of my favorite things! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

There's something very seductive about the idea of pumpkin, coconut, and chai tea. Maybe it's the blend of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg mingled with vanilla, creamy pumpkin puree, and So Delicious coconut milk creamer. Or maybe it's just that it sounds intoxicatingly delicious. Either way, I can't wait to try the recipe.

Helen said...

This is the shortest, sweetest blog post I've seen in a long time. I'm rushing into the kitchen right now to make sure I have all of the ingredients on hand, and if not, I'm headed straight out the door to get them!

Marlene said...

I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this post! Cardamom, coconut, and pumpkin—what a great combination!

Justine said...

You better believe I am making this today! (And probably every day for the next 6 months!)

Janet DeGras said...

I was wondering what I could do to motivate myself to go out and rake leaves. Now I have it; As soon as I am finished, I'm going to make a cup of this Pumpkin Coconut Chai Tea and pick a good book off the shelf to enjoy for the rest of the afternoon!

Vegiegail said...

And I know what I'm making for dessert tonight, Janet! Your date cake looks delicious!!!!

Millie said...

Hungry Vegan here is the Christmas Cookie Extravaganza schedule.

Remember to put a link on your blog sending your viewers to see your post on my blog. Please advertise your cookies being shown on my blog at least 5 days before your post goes on the air.

Nov. 1....Nuestra Cena-Vegan Cuisine...Caribbean Lemon filled Cookies

Nov. 5....... Hungry Vegan...Rosewater-Glazed Lemony Cranberry Cookies

Nove.11...Vegan Lovelie...Coconut Macaroons

Nov. 16...Nuestracena-Vegan Cuisine....Chocolate Strawberry Bars

Nov. 20...Tropical Vegan...Hopscotch Cookies

NOv. 26...Nuestracena-Vegan Cuisine...Peanut Butter Balls

Decc. 7....Blessed Vegan Life....Her cookie recipe has not arrived yet.

Dec.14...Nuestracena-Vegan Cuisine......Sugar Christmas Stars

Dec. 18.......Nuestracena-Vegan Cuisine...Guayaba Caribbean cookies



Dec.22...Caribbean Vegan in the Sun...her cookie reciepe has not arrived yet.


Dec. 27-31....A Grand Finale Cookie Display with all the cookies that have been posted throughput these 2 months.

Thank you ladies,

P.S. if the 2 other bloggers that wanted to join us sends their recipes before the 15th of Dec..., I will extend our Christmas Cookie Posts to Dec 31.



Lovingly, Millie

Check out my 3 blogs:


http://shearsensations.blogspot.com

http://inspirationallettersbymillie.blogspot.com

http://nuestracena-vegancuisine.blogspot.com

VeganMarr said...

Oh, this sounds sooooooo good!!! :-)