Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's Eve Raspberry Sparkling Cider Fizz


I recently discovered Viviane Bauquet Farre's recipe for Raspberry Champagne Fizz at her Food & Style blog. With a minor tweak or two, it sounded like it would make a dazzlingly delicious and festive vegan New Year's Eve dessert, and I couldn't wait to try it!

I wanted to prepare one or two ahead of time, not only to try it out before New Year's Eve, but also to be able to share the recipe and photos with you. To quote Viviane, "The result is simply sublime."

For the raspberry coulis:

1 12-oz package frozen raspberries, thawed
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons evaporated cane crystals
2 tablespoons Chambord or Cassis liqueur (I used Chambord)

For the fizz:

2 pints Purely Decadent Made with Coconut Milk Vanilla Bean ice cream (Coconut flavor would be fabulous, too!)
1 pint fresh raspberries, as garnish
1 bottle Sparkling Cider (You could also use champagne or sparkling wine, as suggested in the original recipe. This would not only up the alcohol, but it would also make it more fizzy.)

Step 1: To make the coulis, place the raspberries, lemon juice, sugar and liqueur in the bowl of a food processor and process at high speed until very smooth. Pass through a fine sieve and pour into a large squeeze bottle. Refrigerate until ready to use (for up to 3 days).

Step 2: To serve, squeeze a little raspberry coulis into a martini glass. Top with one or two scoops of Purely Decadent, depending on the size of your glasses. Garnish with the fresh raspberries. Top each glass with sparkling cider, wine, or champagne at the table. Watch it fizz, and enjoy!


9 comments:

Helen said...

How gorgeous! I can just imagine how lovely raspberries and Purely Decadent coconut milk vanilla ice cream taste together. With chambord and sparkling cider, it must be sinfully delicious!

Jessica said...

This looks sensational! Glad I came across it tonight. Happy New Year!

veganvanessa said...

Now, that's what I'm talking about!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? I'm going to make this tonight and every night I want to treat myself extra special. What an impressive looking dessert! And it sounds absolutely scrumptious.

Happy New Year Gail!

Batty said...

That's not just for new year's eve. That's for every eve. And morning. And for an afternoon snack. It looks delicious.

Happy New Year!

VeganMarr said...

Looks delicious & elegant!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I just found this post! I am going to make this for valentine's day. I can think of no dessert that would be more luscious or romantic! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I just saw this posted on So Delicious' facebook page, and just in time for New Year's Eve! It looks incredible!

singerinkitchen said...

Wow Gail! This looks fab!! I want to make this for a celebration! Thanks for the lovely recipe.